Fund Raising News and Tools for Non-profits

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pepsi Refresh Project Round Two

Just when I thought this chapter in my fundraising life was over the email came. The top 100 in each dollar category is resubmitted into the competition automatically. I guess if your supporters just get tired of the process then you get less votes, don't reach the top 100, and after a month you are removed.

Well at Devereux it took us the first week in June just to get started. Almost every day we moved up a few notches in the rankings to a respectable 57. I thought that was it and then I received the dreaded email. We were put back in the competition. I write dreaded using a little humor. Win or lose many more people know about Devereux. And since we are a national organization that is a lot of people talking and emailing about our NPO across the country.

Sure we would love the $250,000. At a time of high unemployment it would be nice to hire new staff. We have designated $92,000 of the grant to staff salaries. Not to mention all the good we are doing for students with Autism and developmental disabilities.

Back to the Pepsi Project. We are now at 38 in the rankings. With the Fourth of July holiday upon us I have a little concern with where our ranking will be on Tuesday. I am encouraged because many employees have asked me to remind them through email to vote.

I was out last night and we were talking about the process. Mostly how confusing it is to vote. But I reached a few more people this time and earlier in the process so we shall see.

If you are interested in learning more about the Pepsi Refresh Project click the link at the top of this blog. Be sure to Vote for Devereux Pocono Center under Education 250K while you are there. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment