Fund Raising News and Tools for Non-profits

Monday, July 26, 2010

Networking with Business Cards

I am a multi-tasker. So when I go to business card exchanges to promote my non-profit I always bring my other hats. One in particular is mom. I have three children. One is taking her bar exam today and the other two will be finishing college in the next two years.
What has this got to do with a business card exchange? Well using vistaprint my children now have 250 free business cards to promote their flourishing careers. As I talk about my NPO, I also have opportunities to make and establish connections for the three careers that my children are embarking on.
The way I look at it is if my name, NPO, or my children stick in a business person's mind or if I was able to give them a successful referral then they will reciprocate at some point.
I met an entrepreneur today that said, "It is not who you know but who knows you." So true and important in this global business world that we help each other so we can all prosper.
If my NPO does not entice a business owner, who is at a business card exchange to drum up business, and I do something nice like provide a connection other than my NPO, I would expect that once this business owner is successful he/she will remember me with my NPO in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment