Fund Raising News and Tools for Non-profits

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pepsi Refresh Project Update

Well we have just 8 days left and everyone is coming alive. I have helped more people register to vote in the last three days than in the last month. Devereux Pocono is ranked 87th. Remember we we trying to get to 1 or 2.

Four months ago when I submitted our grant request is all seemed so simple. I work for a parent company that has 6000 employees. I sent over 2000 emails with the help of our local chamber. I went through my email list at work and home. Anytime someone sent me a "junk" email I sent them a request to vote email back. And all their friends got the same request.

I used Facebook, linkedin, twitter and this blog to get the word out. The race is not over and we are at a respectful 87, but darn it I want to be number 2.

We are trying to expand our School to Community Transition program for folks with Autism and Developmental Disabilities. I am getting beat by a school that wants to build a wight room! well that just goes to show you that this contest is about reaching as many people as possible. You have to send out a lot of emails before you get a few votes.

Now that we are on the last half of the contest I can see the staff rallying together to vote and cheer us to the top. It is nice to feel like your co-workers are right there with you in this race. We have many wonderful comments about our center and I hope just the right person reads the information or watches the You Tube video and feels the compassion to give. Even if we don't get the $250,000 we still are winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment