Fund Raising News and Tools for Non-profits

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

EMarketing, Using Your Website as a Marketing Tool

This is the name of a Business for Breakfast session hosted by the Pocono Mountains Chamber of Commerce on June 8th. Jason Trump of JT Design was the presenter.

I liked this session for two reasons.
1. I knew what he was talking about. Some things I am already doing and other tips I could use to enhance my own blog and the social media I use for the non-profit I work for.
2. I got it! Many people in the room looked lost from the start but I could follow as Jason made practical suggestions.

A few useful tidbits I learned were that it takes 6 to 9 months to get a blog off the ground. Blog newbies need to keep blogging. Writing consistently helps to get you on Google’s radar.

Organic promoting of your blog also means free. Those free promotional offers that Google sent me in the mail were valuable and I should not throw the next one away. Instead I will use it to promote my blog.

Do you have to contact your webmaster to make changes on your website? Maybe there are more changes or corrections after the post. Is this all costing you time and money? That is why more businesses are adding a blog page to their website. Information can be quickly and easily added and it is so easy you can do it your self.

The best part of the social media world is that if you look on the internet many people will gladly help you with your questions. Allow me to recommend Jason’s Blog for more social media tips. http://www.jtdesigns.com/jtblog/

No comments:

Post a Comment