Fund Raising News and Tools for Non-profits

Thursday, May 13, 2010

How Do I Get My Board Members to Give?

I have been successful in urging board members and management staff to give by sending a quote from a fund raising book. in the book The Annual Campaign, Erik Daubert defends your request for board support on page 72. He states, "Members of your board of directors should recognize and be willing to support your organization through their charitable contributions. . . Why would perspective donors make a contribution if your own board members have not? If the people who are supposed to be the most committed volunteers in your organization are not willing to support it financially, why should others be expected to do so?"

I have added similar quotes in my introductory letters to board and staff with positive results. Think about it, as an employee if I don't support and believe in the organization I work for, why should anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment